Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Friends in the City

I have some catching up to do. Over the last month we had some of our besties come and visit us. Sydnie the crazy, decided the day before that she needed a weekend getaway and bought her ticket for the next night. That's the kind of spontaneity I can only hope to have one day. We had such a good time at the Farmer's Market on the Pier, checking out all the street performers (we saw all my favorites including trumpet boy, the bush man and the robot dancers) got clam chowder and hit up the beach when Kimball was done studying.
My favorite picture of the weekend definitely came from the beach visit. Unbeknownst to us, the beach we chose to go to happened to have been the most popular nude beach in San Francisco. And I thought walking down the street in the Castro was a sight for sore eyes. I had no idea that it was fashionable to walk around in just your shirt and flip-flops or if you're a woman, just your pants and bolo tie. Unfortunately, someone at my house also thought it was a great idea and no it is not me. Anyways, I would share the money shot with you but blogger.com won't allow it, ha! I'll leave it up to your imagination to fill in the blanks.

And then the very next week, we got a wonderful visit from Emsio. And we just talked. I can't even tell you what we did and my phone being broken has left me with a lack of pictures except for the super flattering ones the boys decided to take while Emo and I were on a bathroom hunt. I just know that we talked and talked and it was awesome. We went on a gorgeous hike in the Presidio, got some killer ice cream, ran (and someone walked) across the Golden Gate Bridge because one of the items on Emo's bucket list is to run across one of the 7 world wonders. The GG Bridge is number 8 on that list if anyone was wondering. :) Had a beautiful temple visit and then I drug them all along to an overrated flee market and then before I knew it she was gone again! Come back Emo, come back.

No comments:

Post a Comment