Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Happy Mother's Day!

Recently, Allegiant Airline has opened up a new direct flight from Idaho Falls to Oakland and at the most ridiculous and fantastic prices ever! So I decided that for $50 each way, we could afford to send me home for a quick Mother's day/Mother's birthday weekend surprise visit! With a lot of help from Kimball's family and my brother's, we were able to throw my mom a little birthday bash. It seems like surprises are the only eventful things that happen in my life right now but seriously it's Kimball's and my way of  making it up to ourselves for having to miss out on all of the little get-togethers that our family's do while we are 12 hours away.

The original plan was to dress me up as Tyson's new girlfriend and have me sit in at dinner at Olive Garden (mom's favorite) until she realized that Tyson's new girlfriend looked strangely like her daughter and was for some reason, already pregnant. But because of a five hour flight delay (guess that's what you get when your entire flight costs only $100) the boys had to do dinner without me. So as soon as I got there, we threw a nasty black, Frankenstein's wife looking wig on me and the boys gave me Mom's dessert to bring into the kitchen to her. Tyson took some footage of the whole evening surprises from her dinner to the new tv to her visit from Samara from the ring (aka me) which can be seen here, here and here. Video #3 shows the unexpected reaction of her crumbling to the floor with laughter. Seriously? No tears? I come all this way for her birthday and she doesn't even cry? She just laughed at my dumb wig. Typical Sheri. I feel like I post videos of her like I'll post videos and pictures of my baby. But for now, she entertains me like a small child would. :)

The rest of the weekend flew by as I got to be there to say good-bye to my sister-in-law Mandi before she headed off to PA school in Philadelphia and spend time with my wonderful Burton family. Only one month left 'til we move home for the summer!

The Burton Family minus some keyplayers (Kimball, The Adams and Jeddy)


Mandi's Going Away Party
Don't forget, Trevor was there too.




1 comment:

  1. I love that you updated us finally! You're looking real cute momma T.

    ReplyDelete